This Whipped Banana Oatmeal a go-to breakfast that I’ve been making for years! The whipped banana adds a fluffy texture & sweetness to the oats. The nut butter adds protein & healthy fat so this meal has more staying power.
Whipped Banana Oatmeal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2-3 tablespoons chia seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ¾ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Optional toppings: coconut shreds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds
- Combine oats and water in a medium pot. Add a pinch of salt. Over medium-high heat, warm until there is a slight bubble.
- At this point, whip in mashed banana. Vigorously stir in banana for about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cinnamon and chia seed and stir to combine.
- When most of the water is soaked up, add almond butter and stir to combine. You can always add milk at this point if you feel like your oats need more liquid.
- Gently fold in blueberries. If using frozen, let sit about 1-2 minutes for them to warm.
- Turn off heat. Serve in two bowls. Add desired toppings.
This recipe can easily be cut in half. I do this all the time using ½ cup oats, 1 cup water, and half a banana. Just save the other half in the freezer for future smoothies! For sweeter oats, add honey or maple syrup!
What are your favorite oatmeal toppings? Tag @everglownutrition if you give this recipe a try!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might like my Make-Ahead Overnight Oats recipe!