Deb’s Veggie Chili
Enjoy this Veggie Chili recipe directly from my Mom’s kitchen! It’s perfect for a winter day or even game day. My family loves making a batch when watching Buckeye football. It’s veggie forward with a spicy kick!
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) Joan of Arc spicy chili beans
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet Buena Vida Chili powder (2 packets for extra kick)
- In a large stock pot, sauté onion in olive oil until fragrant.
- Add bell pepper, carrots, zucchini and stir occasionally, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (canned items and chili powder).
- Add 2 cans of water. Bring to a slight boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer an hour, stirring frequently.
- Serve in mugs or bowls with your favorite chili toppings. Enjoy!