I hear from so many people who dream of feeling confident in their bodies. They want to develop body positivity and feel comfortable in their skin. You wanna know the secret? It starts from the inside out, not the other way around. I’m bringing you 20 Body Respect Affirmations that you can start using today to feel more at home and at peace in your body.
Why Body Respect?
First, why body respect? Body respect inspires us to take care of ourselves, no matter what our body looks like at this moment. You don’t have to wait for your body to change. You don’t even have to fully LOVE your body in order to respect it. Body respect starts with the way we talk to ourselves. If you are looking for more on Body Respect, I encourage you to read this post: Respect Your Body.
Top 20 Body Respect Affirmations
Affirmations are a form of positive self-talk that can help you overcome limiting beliefs that you have about yourself. They are written in the present tense, about yourself, as if they were happening now.
- I am learning to accept all sides of my body.
- I am grateful to be in good health.
- Peace begins with me.
- I am strong, confident, and capable.
- Loving-kindness radiates from my heart center.
- I am worthy, as I am.
- My body is my home, and I will take care of it.
- I accept myself, as I am.
- I am enough, as I am.
- It feels good to be gentle with myself.
- I lovingly embrace my imperfections.
- My greatest intention is to feel good in my skin.
- I release my insecurities and welcome loving-kindness.
- I love what my body is capable of doing.
- My body allows me to _____________.
- I am feeling better every day.
- I am unapologetically myself.
- Inhale kindness, exhale judgment.
- I am grateful to my body for___________.
- I am rebuilding trust with my body.
Body Respect Affirmations in Practice
Perhaps you’re thinking: these sound lovely; now what?
- IDENTIFY: When your thoughts start to spiral towards negative, pause, and identify it. ⠀⠀
- ASK: How can I welcome a loving thought into this moment? What message would lift me up?
- REPEAT: Insert the affirmation of your choosing. Silently repeat it to yourself throughout the day or write in a journal. ⠀
Repetition enhances your belief in them.
Come hang out with us on Instagram @everglownutrition for more body respect inspiration!