Tomato Cucumber Chickpea Salad
This easy 5-ingredient tomato cucumber chickpea salad is a summer staple. It’s simple, light, and fresh! Perfect for a meal prep lunch, BBQ side dish, or backyard picnic.
Plus it’s versatile. You can easily modify the recipe in the following ways:
- Use cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Try a variety of fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, or oregano.
- Swap chickpeas for white beans.
- Add red onion or chopped bell peppers for more veggies (I might try that next time!)
- Add your choice of protein, like canned tuna or leftover grilled chicken.
This salad will taste best with fresh produce. I can’t wait until tomatoes start popping up at the farmer’s market. That’s when they’re extra sweet and juicy!
If you’re tired of the same spinach salad, try this tomato cucumber chickpea salad to change it up.
Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 mini cucumbers, chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Ground pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, add the olive oil, balsamic, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, and ground pepper. Whisk for the dressing to emulsify.
- To the same bowl, add the chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese, and dill. Mix until everything is well combined and dressing evenly coats the salad.
- Serve chilled as a delicious side salad. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Tag @everglownutrition on Instagram with your variations of this recipe. I can’t wait for you to try it!