I’ve shared this Avocado Egg Salad on my Instagram stories a few times and always get asked for the recipe. It’s so easy, it barely requires a recipe! Since this is a lunch staple, I figured it should finally live on the Everglow Blog.
This truly is the EASIEST Egg Salad. It’s 5 ingredients and takes about 5 minutes to assemble.
I love the winning combo of protein (egg) + healthy fat (avocado) + carbohydrate (toast) with this meal. It’s satisfying and delicious!
The Easiest Avocado Egg Salad
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- ¼-½ avocado
- 1-2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To assemble, start by chopping the hardboiled eggs and transfer to a bowl. Add avocado and mash together.
- Next, add the celery and mustard (if using). Mix all ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a piece of toast for an open faced sandwich or over greens. Enjoy fresh or else avocado will brown.
What are your favorite go-to lunches? Are you a fan of simple recipes like this one? Give us your feedback!
As always, share and tag @everglownutrition with your recipe creations. Another 5 minute recipe favorite is Overnight Oats – perfect for breakfast on the go!