Spring Seasonal Nourish Bowl
Here’s a fresh “Spring” take on my favorite dish: Nourish Bowls. If you haven’t read, My Simple Formula for Nourish Bowls, start there!
Nourish bowls are a fun approach to salads that aren’t boring. They contain a combination of grains, protein, veggies, fats, and flavor factors. Here’s the breakdown for this Spring Seasonal Nourish Bowl:
- Grains: farro, a hearty grain rich in zinc, fiber, and vitamin B3; it adds a nutty flavor.
- Protein: hard-boiled egg, but you can customize this based on your dietary preference.
- Veggies: snap peas, spinach, and radish — common Spring seasonal produce
- Fats: the dressing is packed with healthy fats from avocado and yogurt.
- Flavor factor: there is so much flavor in the dressing (trust me) + I added feta for a sharp flavor, too!
I wanted to bring highlight seasonal produce that I’m excited about including spinach, snap peas, and radishes. Anyone else excited to get back to the outdoor Farmers Markets this Spring?
Spring Seasonal Nourish Bowl with Green Goddess Dressing
Makes 4-6 servings
For the salad:
- 1 cup farro
- 4-6 cups Spinach
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, ends discarded
- 1 cup radishes, sliced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- ½ cup whole-milk plain yogurt
- Half an avocado
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup parsley leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup water (or to desired consistency)
- Cook farro according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing: Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until combined. Set aside.
- Assemble salads: to each bed of spinach add snap peas, radish, feta cheese, hard-boiled egg, and cooked farro.
- Top with dressing and freshly cracked pepper to serve.
Additional Meal Prep Tips
- If you’re making this salad for 1 or 2 people, you’ll have extra ingredients. Save each ingredient in its own separate airtight container in the fridge. Ingredients, including the dressing, will save for up to 7 days. You’ll have an easy assembly meal ready to go!
- Short cuts: use your favorite store-bought green goddess dressing. I love the one from Trader Joe’s if I don’t have time to make the dressing.
Make this recipe? Tag @everglownutrition on Instagram!