Calling all taco lovers! My easy Roasted Portobello Mushroom Tacos are here.
When I lived in Nashville, Bartaco’s mushroom taco was my absolute favorite! This inspired me to try making a mushroom taco at home.
With their juicy, meaty texture, portobello mushrooms make for a great plant-based alternative to meat. I added balsamic, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), and olive oil to really bring out the flavors.
Think of this as a two-for-one recipe! You don’t want to skip on pairing my Simple Cabbage Slaw with these tacos.
Roasted Portobello Mushroom Tacos
For the mushrooms:
- 2 Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon each:
- Balsamic vinegar
- Coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- Olive oil
- Desired tortillas
- Simple Cabbage Slaw
- Black beans
- Feta cheese
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Rinse the mushrooms under cold running water. Remove the stems and gills–discard. Place the mushrooms in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, coconut aminos, and olive oil. Pour over top the mushrooms, coating each side. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, flipping mushrooms halfway through. Meanwhile, prep any taco toppings.
- Once removed from the oven, cut mushrooms into strips for serving. Divide mushrooms evenly amongst tortillas. Add desired toppings. Enjoy warm!
You can really make these tacos your own! For additional protein, add shredded rotisserie chicken and black beans (pictured below).
Don’t forget! Tag @everglownutrition on Instagram with your recipe creations so I can see them!