This Roasted Corn & Tomato Salad screams summertime! It’s the perfect side for your next backyard barbecue or picnic. We have a basil plant on our back porch right now, and I love using its fresh leaves to add flavor to this summer salad.
Roasted Corn & Tomato Salad
- 4 ears fresh corn, husked
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for baking corn
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Brush corn with olive oil, season with sea salt and cracked pepper. Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk olive oil and red wine vinegar together in a medium bowl to blend. Stir in tomatoes, feta, and chopped basil. Set aside.
- Once ready, remove corn from the oven. Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting off the cob. Add corn to the salad.
- Toss to coat. Enjoy!
Food for Thought
What’s your favorite way to add flavor to veggies? Discover more of our flavorful recipes here, and share your creations on Instagram @everglownutrition.