I was craving chocolate so I made these peanut butter brownie balls. The nutrient-dense ingredients included in this recipe are oats, almond flour, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and cocoa nibs. Who doesn’t love a chocolate peanut butter combo? I know I do!
Furthermore, I love keeping a batch of these in the fridge as an easy grab-and-go snack. This helps me honor my hunger and cravings between meals. There’s nothing wrong with needing a snack as a bridge between meals. Snacks can very much be a part of a healthy eating pattern.
If you make this recipe, tag me on Instagram @everglownutrition so I can share your creations!
Peanut Butter Brownie Balls
- 3 dates
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Soak dates in a bowl of hot water for 3 minutes. Transfer dates to a high-speed blender or food processor with 1 tablespoon of the warm water. Blend until dates are chopped to bite-sized pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients to the same blender with the dates: oats, almond flour, peanut butter, honey, cocoa powder, chia seeds, and cocoa nibs. Blend/pulse for 1-2 minutes until ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer dough to a bowl, scraping down the sides of the blender with a rubber spatula. Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough at a time into your hands. Roll into a ball, about the size of a ping pong ball. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.