Call me boring, but my favorite breakfast is oatmeal. I love that oats are like a blank canvas, and I can transform them with fun toppings and mix-ins. This peaches & cream oatmeal is my current favorite summer combo.
The “cream” in this recipe comes from Greek yogurt. I love that Greek yogurt adds a creamy texture to the oats AND packs in some protein. There’s even more protein from the almond butter and hemp seeds.
If you’re looking for a balanced protein with high fiber carbs, fresh fruit, and plant-based protein…look no further!
PEACHES & CREAM OATMEAL
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups water
- 2 dates
- 1 peach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt (for serving)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (for serving)
- In a medium saucepan combine oats and water. Bring to a light boil over medium heat. This takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the oats start bubbling, stir in the chopped dates and ½ the peaches. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Once the oats are to a simmer, add in the chia seeds, almond butter, and cinnamon. Stir occasionally as the oats simmer.
- Remove from heat once the water is absorbed and oats reach desired consistency. Divide between 2 bowls for serving. Top each bowl with the remaining peaches, greek yogurt, and hemp seeds. Enjoy warm!
More Oat Recipes