For a delicious and energizing snack, enjoy these Oatmeal Cashew Energy Balls! Having snacks on hand is key for honoring your internal hunger cues. The Oatmeal + Cashew combo almost tastes like cookie dough!
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup dates, pitted (about 6-7 dates)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Optional: 2 tablespoons Goji Berries or chocolate chips
- Combine cashews and oats in a food processor. Blend until ground into a fine flour.
- Add dates to the mixture. Blend until dates are chopped.
- Add almond butter, cinnamon, vanilla, sea salt, and coconut flakes. Blend until well combined.
- Combine additional mix ins (goji berries or chocolate chips) and pulse once more.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop dough out of the food processor. Roll into balls and place on the lined baking sheet. For this step, I added the melted coconut oil & had better results getting dough ball to form.
- Once complete, transfer the baking sheet to the freezer. Let sit for 10-20 minutes. Store in airtight containers, either in the fridge or freezer. If enjoying from the freezer, let sit for a few minutes at room temp to soften.
If the mixture is too dry, you could also add an additional tablespoon of nut butter or coconut oil! I love keeping a batch of these stored in the freezer. They are perfect to pop out for a quick snack pre or post workout!
If you try this recipe, tag your creations on Instagram @everglownutrition or use #YourSundayGlow !
Try these Oatmeal Cashew Energy Balls for a quick & delicious snack!