For a delicious and energizing snack, enjoy these Oatmeal Cashew Energy Balls! Having snacks on hand is key for honoring your internal hunger cues. The Oatmeal + Cashew combo almost tastes like cookie dough!
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup dates, pitted (about 6-7 dates)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Optional: 2 tablespoons Goji Berries or chocolate chips
- Combine cashews and oats in a food processor. Blend until ground into a fine flour.
- Add dates to the mixture. Blend until dates are chopped.
- Add almond butter, cinnamon, vanilla, sea salt, and coconut flakes. Blend until well combined.
- Combine additional mix ins (goji berries or chocolate chips) and pulse once more.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop dough out of the food processor. Roll into balls and place on the lined baking sheet. For this step, I added the melted coconut oil & had better results getting dough ball to form.
- Once complete, transfer the baking sheet to the freezer. Let sit for 10-20 minutes. Store in airtight containers, either in the fridge or freezer. If enjoying from the freezer, let sit for a few minutes at room temp to soften.
If the mixture is too dry, you could also add an additional tablespoon of nut butter or coconut oil! I love keeping a batch of these stored in the freezer. They are perfect to pop out for a quick snack pre or post workout!
If you try this recipe, tag your creations on Instagram @everglownutrition or use #YourSundayGlow !
Try these Oatmeal Cashew Energy Balls for a quick & delicious snack!
2 thoughts on “Oatmeal Cashew Energy Balls”
Thank you Rachel for sharing such a wonderful recipe. I haven’t tried oatmeal cashew energy ball I was looking for new dishes as we are free in this quarantine and have nothing to do so cooking is the best way to pass time and learn to cook newly dishes. Thanks again I will be waiting for the next recipe.
I am glad that you enjoyed this recipe!