Want to make home-made protein bars and save money bypassing the store-bought ones? These No-Bake Mocha Protein Squares are the way to go.
The mocha flavor comes from the protein powder, but you could also sub for your favorite protein powder (chocolate, vanilla, or even unflavored).
These bars are a perfect high-protein snack between meals or on-the-go while traveling.
No-Bake Mocha Protein Squares
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (1 scoop) mocha protein powder, I used Vega One
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sea salt for topping
- Pulse oats in a food processor until ground into a fine powder. Transfer oat flour to a large mixing bowl. Add protein powder and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Melt coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl (about 30-45 seconds).
- Add coconut oil, almond butter, honey, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Combine everything in the large mixing bowl, stirring until a dough is formed.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Press dough into the loaf pan with the pack of a spoon. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Transfer to the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Remove and cut into squares or desired size. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe inspired by Sweet Peas and Saffron Homemade Protein Bars
If you like this recipe, you may begin noticing a trend around here. I love snack bites, energy balls, protein bars…you name it! I’m always experimenting with different recipes to satisfy hunger and cravings between meals.
Try this recipe? Let us know what you think over on Instagram.