Embody the energy of Intuitive Eating with these top 10 affirmations. Affirmations change the way you think, which enhances how you feel and ultimately influences your behaviors. Nurture positive self-talk with these affirmations starting today.
Introduction to Intuitive Eating
Intuitive Eating is an integrative mind-body approach to honor your health. It consists of 10 principles that help you listen to your body, develop body respect, and implement nutrition for the right reasons. Emphasis is placed on the cultivation of health-promoting behaviors versus weight control.
The 10 Principles of Intuitive Eating are:
- Ditch the Diet Mentality
- Honor Your Hunger
- Make Peace with Food
- Challenge the Food Police
- Feel Your Fullness
- Discover the Satisfaction Factor
- Cope with Your Emotions without Using Food
- Respect Your Body
- Exercise–Feel the Difference
- Honor Your Health with Gentle Nutrition
If you aren’t familiar with Intuitive Eating, I recommend starting with this article: What Is Intuitive Eating?
Top 10 Intuitive Eating Affirmations
This list highlights one affirmation for each Intuitive Eating principle:
- I have an open perspective.
- Hunger is a friend, not an enemy.
- I give myself unconditional permission to eat.
- I release food rules that no longer serve me.
- It is safe for me to listen to my body’s internal cues.
- It is safe for me to feel content and satisfied.
- I hold space for my emotions with compassion and curiosity.
- When it’s difficult to love my body, I choose to respect it.
- I move to celebrate my body, not to punish it.
- Food is allowed to taste good and make me feel good.
How to Use Affirmations to Manifest Food Freedom
Perhaps you’re thinking: these sound lovely, but how do I use them?
As you incorporate the Intuitive Eating principles into your daily life, you can think of these affirmations as a supportive hand on your back. They give you a gentle nudge when you need it most.
I guide my 1:1 clients through an affirmations worksheet, where they select affirmations that resonate the most with them.
One of my clients had this to say about affirmations:
This affirmation stuff is WAY more powerful than I thought.⠀⠀⠀⠀
The power of affirmations lies in your ability to change how you think, which changes how you feel and act. It’s not woo-woo, it’s science.
Select 1-3 of the affirmations above. Write them down in a journal or on a sticky note. Keep them in a place you see frequently. Silently repeat them to yourself throughout the day (even better — say them out loud to yourself, sitting tall, embodying the energy of each!)
Repetition enhances your belief in them.
Want more Intuitive Eating Inspo? Come hang out with me on Instagram @everglownutrition.