Warming soup in the fall and winter months is the best. This nourishing golden lentil soup is packed with veggies, flavor, and plant-based protein.
It’s the perfect bowl to warm yourself up from the inside. The curry powder takes this flavor to the next level. Plus, the shredded kale tossed in at the end is an easy way to enjoy more greens!
I’ve only tested this recipe in the Instant Pot. The Instant Pot is quickly becoming my favorite kitchen appliance for hands-free cooking. You may also try a crockpot or stovetop, but cooking times will vary.
If you make this recipe, tag me on Instagram @everglownutrition + let me know what other Instant Pot recipes you’d like to see!
Golden Lentil Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 sweet potato, unpeeled, cut ½ in dice
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 cup brown or green lentils, dry
- 3 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups chopped kale
- Juice of 1 lime
- Prepare all of your ingredients before starting.
- Set your Instant Pot to the sautee setting for 8 minutes. Immediately add the oil, onions, garlic, celery, and carrots. Saute for 8 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- After 8 minutes, add the sweet potato, curry powder, sea salt, dry lentils, water, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk. Stir together then close the lid. Cook under high pressure for 12 minutes.
- When 12 minutes is up, turn off the machine and allow pressure to naturally release up to 10 minutes then manually release the remaining pressure.
- Stir in the kale and lime juice. Serve immediately or let cool and store in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Craving more soup recipes?
Try these recipes from the Everglow Blog!