I love these Meal Prep Egg Muffins because they are easy to reheat for a quick breakfast or snack during the busy work week.
I don’t know about you, but if I skip breakfast – it’s not a pleasant start to the day. To avoid this, I like to keep a quick breakfast option in the fridge or freezer. Whether that be overnight oats, lemon blueberry muffins, or these egg muffins.
These Meal Prep Egg Muffins are made with quinoa for more plant-based protein power. Also, they’re customizable. You can easily change up the recipe with your favorite veggies and cheese of choice. I can’t wait for you to try them.
Meal Prep Egg Muffins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 7 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- ½ cup leftover cooked quinoa
- ½ cup feta cheese
*If you do not already have leftover cooked quinoa, make sure your quinoa is cooked before starting this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Fill a 12-cup muffin pan with liners. (I find this recipe works better with muffin liners versus a nonstick spray.)
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium to low heat. Add the onion and bell pepper. Sautee for 7-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. In the last 30 seconds, add spinach until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oregano, salt, and pepper. Then add the quinoa, feta cheese, and veggie mixture. Stir to combine.
- Using a ladle to scoop the egg mixture, fill each muffin cup to the brim. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until muffins begin to turn golden grown.
- Transfer muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Storage Tip: Let muffins cool completely before storing. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or individually freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheating Tip: Remove muffin liner before reheating in the microwave. Frozen muffins will take approximately 1 minute to warm, while muffins from the refrigerator will take about 30 seconds.
Batch Cook Tip: I love to batch cook 1 cup of dry quinoa to have on hand during a busy work week. Quinoa is versatile (as you see we added it to egg cups here) and can be added to salads and soups, too!
As always tag @everglownutrition on Instagram if you make this recipe.