No lake trip or family gathering is complete without this Easy Texas Caviar Recipe. It’s one of my favorite bean dips of all time. Leftovers serve as an excellent salad topper, too!
From a nutrition stand-point, this recipe packs in plant-based protein from the beans.
I hope you enjoy this Texas Caviar at your next family gathering, maybe even 4th of July, coming up soon!
Easy Texas Caviar Recipe
- Black beans, 1 can, drained
- Black eyed peas, 1 can, drained
- Shoepeg corn, 1 can, drained
- 1 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 finely chopped jalapenos, or more to your taste
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- Cilantro, chopped, add to taste
- Mix oil, vinegar, sugar and salt together. Stir occasionally while cutting up onion, celery and jalapenos. This will help dissolve the sugar and salt.
- Mix the first five ingredients then add the above. Add cilantro to taste.
- Let mixture set at least 4 hours, more if able. Before serving drain the mixture. Serve with scoops or your favorite tortilla chips!
Explore more recipes and tag us with in your recipe creations on Instagram @everglownutrition.