Try this easy cheesy pesto bread for your next happy hour appetizer! Crunchy sourdough bread spread with bright pesto, cherry tomatoes, and gooey mozzarella cheese.
I made these on a Sunday evening as a pre-dinner appetizer and my fiance Ian was OBSESSED. I knew I had to get this recipe on the blog!
It’s so easy to make with just 6 simple ingredients. Plus, you can customize it to your liking. I used sourdough bread, but any crusty bread will do. Change it up to the cheese of your choice — parmesan would be amazing, too!
Next time, I think I’ll top it with fresh basil and balsamic. I can’t wait for you to try this pesto bread as it truly rivals Italian restaurant appetizers!
Easy Cheesy Pesto Bread
- 4 slices of sourdough bread, cut in half
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ shallot, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup pesto
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to broil. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Line 8 slices of bread on the prepared baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add shallot, cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes or until shallot is fragrant and tomatoes have softened.
- To assemble the toasts: Brush each slice of bread with olive oil. Spread pesto evenly amongst each piece. Add the tomato mixture. Last, top with mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer to the oven and broil for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden. Serve warm!
You Might Also Like
Did you make this recipe? Tag @everglownutrition on Instagram & let me know what you think!