I call these easy brunch quesadillas, but they could really be enjoyed for any meal of the day!
These brunch quesadillas are packed with fluffy scrambled eggs, black beans, spinach, and cheddar cheese. Not to mention, these quesadillas come together quickly. I made them for brunch on Saturday in under 20 minutes.
Serve them up with salsa, avocado, or fresh cilantro for a satisfying and tasty combo. Don’t forget you can make these for dinner, too, if you’re looking for a simple evening meal!
Easy Brunch Quesadillas
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach
- ⅓ cup black beans
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3-4 tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- To cook the eggs. In a medium-size skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over low-medium heat. Add the onions, stirring occasionally, until fragrant. Pour the egg mixture over top, stirring frequently until the eggs are set (about 1-3 minutes). Turn off heat and add the beans and spinach, stirring just until spinach is wilted.
- To assemble the quesadillas. Spread scrambled eggs evenly over one-half of each tortilla (it will depend on the size of your tortillas whether you need 3 or 4). Sprinkle cheese on the other half and fold each tortilla.
- To cook the quesadillas. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place one or 2 of the quesadillas in the pan (depending on size). Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from heat and repeat the process for the remaining quesadillas.
- Enjoy warm with salsa, avocado, or hot sauce of your choice!
Tag @everglownutrition with your recipe creations on Instagram!