It’s time to shine the spotlight on this chocolate cherry smoothie. I started making this after our trip to Michigan, where we enjoyed seasonal fresh cherries from a roadside farmstand.
By using frozen cherries, you can enjoy this smoothie all year round, not just in the summer. I love frozen produce for that reason.
The chocolate taste comes from the flavored protein powder. Below, I linked to the one I used. Trust me when I say you’re going to love the chocolate + cherry combo. Think… chocolate-covered strawberries.
Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- ½ cup frozen red cherries
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower
- Scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon flax or chia seed
- 1 pitted date
- Heaping spoonful greek yogurt
- Heaping spoonful almond butter
- 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs (optional)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Pour in a glass and enjoy immediately.
- I used this Vega One Chocolate protein powder.
- Why cauliflower? I use cauliflower in this recipe as a way to sneak in a veggie. The flavor is neutral so you can’t taste it. If you don’t like cauliflower you can skip it or add a handful of spinach instead.
- I add the pitted date for extra sweetness. You could also add 1/2 a banana.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @everglownutrition on Instagram in your food photos.
On a smoothie kic? Try my go-to combo for satisfying smoothies.