The best cheese and vegetable frittata. Perfect for meal prep or Sunday brunch!
A simple recipe, packed with flavor. I used Greek Yogurt in place of heavy cream for a protein-rich addition that’s simply delicious.
This frittata is versatile because you can enjoy it for any meal of the day. Pair it with toast in the morning or with a side salad at lunch or dinner. I personally love leftover frittata for lunch the next day with fresh greens and fruit. It makes a simple and healthy lunch!
Feel free to sub in whatever veggies you have on hand and use your cheese of choice. I love the crumbled feta cheese, but Parmesan or cheddar would also be delicious. Best served with avocado and a touch of hot sauce if you’re really trying to turn up the flavor!
Cheese and Vegetable Frittata
- 9 eggs
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2-3 cups spinach, chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, greek yogurt, oregano, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a 10-12 inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper, cooking until the onion becomes fragrant and translucent. Next, add the mushrooms and zucchini, cooking until softened. Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Remove skillet from heat and pour the egg mixture evenly over the veggies. Sprinkle feta cheese and fresh thyme on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cut into slices for serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Please let me know in the comments if you make this, and tag me on Instagram @everglownutrition with a picture of your creation!